Air fryer pork chops are an easy weeknight meal and come out so tender and juicy!
I use thick boneless chips and add a simple homemade spice rub. The result is a new family favorite meal in no time at all!
An Easy Favorite
This is an easy recipe to love, its flavorful, tender and fast!
- Pork chops are very lean yet, they cook up tender and juicy in the air fryer.
- These pork chops only take about 12 minutes to cook.
- The simple rub adds just the right amount of sweetness and a touch of heat but you can use any spice mixture you love.
Chops for Air Frying
You’ll want nice thick chops for air frying, about 3/4″ thick. This gives the exterior a chance to caramelize while the meat stays juicy inside.
I prefer boneless chops and most often choose center cut chops. They’re nice and lean and cook perfectly in the air fryer
To Make Chops Tender
While it’s optional, these are soaked in a quick brine just like our fave oven baked pork chops. A brine has salt & sugar which helps to break down tough fibers (and it adds great flavor).
While the brine is optional if you have time (even 20 minutes) I highly recommend it!
If you are short on time, combine the brine ingredients with warm water (a bit less than called for) until dissolved and then add ice to make it cold. Soak the pork for at least 20 minutes, longer is better if you can.
How to Cook Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Add pork to the brine (salt/sugar mixture) if using and let soak at least 20 minutes.
- Pat dry and rub with the spice mixture in the recipe below.
- Air fry until tender (about 12 minutes). Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Choose chops that are of uniform size and shape so they all cook evenly.
- Be sure to pat them dry with a paper towel so the rub sticks to the meat.
- If you skip the brine, add salt to the rub!
- Ensure the chops are 3/4″ thick. If they’re thinner, cook for less time. If they’re thicker, cook longer.
- Make sure the air fryer is pre-heated (and be sure to rest the chops before serving).
More Perfect Pork Chops
Did you love these Air Fryer Pork Chops? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
Brined pork chops rubbed with spices and air-fried until juicy & tender!
Brine (optional, see notes)
Combine brine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar and salt are dissolved, remove from heat and cool completely.
Pour cooled brine over pork chops and let sit at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Drain well and dab dry with a paper towel.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Mix rub ingredients and massage into pork chops.
Place pork chops in the air fryer basket and cook 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes or until chops reach 145°F. Do not overcook.
Rest 5 minutes before cutting.
If you skip the brine, add salt to the rub mixture.
Thinner chops will need less time while thicker chops may need an extra minute or two. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork chops do not overcook.
The pork should be cooked to 145°F. I remove the pork at 140°F as the temperature will continue to rise as it rests. Do not overcook.
Calories: 259, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 7160mg, Potassium: 524mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 148IU, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword air fryer pork chops, best air fryer pork chops, how to air fry pork chops
Course Dinner, Entree, Main Course, pork