The OnePlus Nord is due for an upgrade as many reports are suggesting the release of its sequel next month. Apparently, OnePlus will unveil the OnePlus Nord 2 alongside a new OnePlus Nord CE 5G. Despite the arrival of new contenders for the mid-range market, the company is still supporting its older son with a new OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update. The OnePlus Nord is among the lucky devices on the OnePlus portfolio that already runs stable Android 11. The new update comes to address certain issues and includes May 2021 security patch.
OnePlus seems to be improving its pace when it comes to pushing Android security patches. The company already rolled out May 2021 security patches for several of its smartphones. The OnePlus Nord is the latest smartphone to join the gang. Besides the new updated security patch, the new firmware also introduces improvements for the Wi-Fi connection to make it speedier. There are several bug fixes related to the camera, system, and even the file manager. For more details you can dive into the changelog below:
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 update changelog
- Fixes the issue that the card coupon is not available as a widget
- Addresses an issue causing missed calls to be marked as call answered on another device in call logs
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Improved the speed of Wi-Fi connection
- Fixes the abnormal preview display issue in Nightscape Tripod mode
- Addresses the issue that Camera becomes unresponsive when setting profile photo in Contact
- Fixes the frame drops issue with videos taken by Camera
- Fixes an occasional issue that Flash effect may fail in some scenarios
- Fixed the occasional issue that Flash effect may fail in some scenarios
- Fixes abnormal display issue while copying files to OTG storage
OnePlus is rolling out the new update in a gradual manner to a limited amount of users. If no critical bug appears in this phase, then the company will proceed and expand the update to more users. Worth noting that the package weighs around 3GB so make sure to download it over Wi-Fi to avoid unwanted data consumption.
There are different builds for Indian, European, and Global units. So if you’re going for a manual flash, make sure to download and install the update that is specific to your smartphone. The Indian version has version numbers 18.104.22.168.AC01DA, the European 22.214.171.124.AC01BA, and the Global 126.96.36.199.AC01AA, respectively.